Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Another thought

I've been thinking about this. The mud and muck was pretty icky when we arrived last August. We wore our rain boots and got around okay. Most of where we want to go has boardwalks.

Then it snowed. And it got icy. We learned that snow is good. Ice is not. Snow lets you get a little traction going. We ordered ice cleats for that other stuff. When the snow melted off, we were all a little sad.

Last week it snowed and snowed. Three foot drifts. Walking in it was hazardous. Better than ice but still rather treacherous. And while I thought the more snow the better ---- NOT!!! Almost all the snow up here so far has been D-R-Y. Thank goodness. If it was sticky we'd all be cold today! Frozen! Instead, it just blows and blows. You can't tell if it's snowing or blowing. Well, today you can because it's absolutely beautiful. The skies are clear.

I've decided that 2 or 3 inches at a time is okay. But when it snows and drifts --- I'm in trouble. I put my foot down but it just keeps going. Then the twisting and turning that comes from the slipping and sliding puts me on my rear. Deep snow is not a good thing. Give me a good packed path any day.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

We are The Mr. and The Mrs. and our two kids, The Girl and The Boy. This is the story of our move from Oklahoma to Alaska and our life once we get there.

Alaska Tundra

Alaska Tundra
The Tundra