Monday, February 4, 2008

It is cold now

This morning the mister and I left the house at 7:15 or so. Dark. Cold. Windchill was -30. I now measure cold by whether my nose freezes up. If my nose feels like the sides have shrunken in ---- then, it's cold. It only does it if the temp. goes below zero. Anything over zero now feels very pretty good! I'm ordering a parka from Cabela's today or tomorrow. We have one more sno-go trip with the basketball team. My old coat has been okay but I really don't want to take my chances for that last run.

Speaking of sno-goes --- we've done our taxes and whooopeee! we just might buy our first sno-go this spring. We'll see. We'll have to watch for sales. We've been researching and are beginning to narrow it down. That will be a lot of fun. It would really open up the villages to us. We could even sno-go to Bethel. That's 28 miles southeast of here.

We finally got eggs in on Friday. There haven't been any eggs at the store since before we left for Christmas. Do you have any idea how many things require an egg?! We had scrambled eggs this morning. Yum. Yum.

We cut Hannah's hair on Saturday night. It's just below her chin. Really cute. We did make-up on Sunday afternoon. Too grown up.

Hannah is taking the 7th grade test tomorrow. If she passes, she'll be an 8th grader next year. YIKES!

The cold and the dry are taking a toll on my eyes. Apparently, my eyeballs are L-O-W on moisture and I can't see well at all. Thank goodness for Bausch and Lomb.

We have a team of dentists and students from NY at our school this week. They evaluated all the students today and will do cleanings and fillings for the rest of the week. There are about 16 of them.

If anyone is counting --- we have less than 15 and 1/2 weeks left. May 21 will be here soon.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

About Me

We are The Mr. and The Mrs. and our two kids, The Girl and The Boy. This is the story of our move from Oklahoma to Alaska and our life once we get there.

Alaska Tundra

Alaska Tundra
The Tundra